A spice without which Indian cuisine would be incomplete, the most common variety of chilli used apart from red is the green chilli. These are used with or without the stalks, whole or chopped, with seeds or deseeded. They are used fresh, dried, powdered, pickled or in sauces.
Here are other health benefits of eating the Green Chilli:
- Takes care of your skincare regime
- Green chilli is a rich source of vitamin C and eating it helps in keeping your skin healthy and glowing.
- Green chillies release endorphins that boosts the mood, and reduces pain
- Combats the sinus infections or common cold
- Prevents formation of blood clots, which can lead to stroke or heart attack
- Speed up one’s metabolism as much as 50% for up to three hours after eating
Also, not many know that green chillies are rich in dietary fibre, which is important for a healthy digestive system.